Monday, July 21, 2008

Encouraged...not discouraged

Those of you that have been following along with us on this adoption journey know that this adoption process is taking longer than we anticipated. I confess that this often can cause me to become anxious and impatient. These are sinful attitudes (1 Peter 5:7) and I know that I need to trust God more completely. So today I have chosen to focus on the blessings God has already bestowed upon us, and how some of these blessings we had to wait for, just as we are waiting now.

Looking back over past blessings reminds me of how God's Sovereignty is perfect and He brings events (or people) into our life at exactly the right moment. When I'm in the midst of waiting, I don't always understand why I can't have what I want right now. But in hindsight, I can always see why God made me wait. Reflecting on past blessings is a great reminder of why I need to trust God as I wait for His timing.

So if you pray for us this week, please pray that our hearts will be encouraged by reflecting on God's goodness to us, and not discouraged by the sin of impatience. I know that someday we'll look back on this whole adoption process and see the wisdom in God's timing, and be so thankful that He made us wait for just the right baby at just the right time.

No comments: