Thursday, May 15, 2008

Two more "sleeps!"

With all that has gone on over the last few weeks, I have really neglected this blog. The last few weeks have been exceptionally busy for us. Two days after my brother's funeral Luke left for a 15-day trip to India. He has never been away from us for this long so it was a very difficult good-bye. The boys and I have been counting down the "sleeps" until Daddy comes home, and we're down to two more sleeps! We are very excited to see him, and I know Luke is ready to come home.

The boys and I have kept very busy over the last two weeks while Daddy has been away. I am so thankful for the good weather we've had while Luke has been gone. Being able to play outside and go on day trips to parks and the petting zoo has really helped us stay busy. I would have pictures to share of all our outings but Luke took the camera with him! I'll be sure to have him write the next post and share pics and stories from his trip.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for and supported our family during the time after Mike passed away. We were all very encouraged by the friends, family and church family that brought meals, sent flowers, baby-sat our kids, and most importantly, prayed for us. The timing of Luke's trip was wonderful, because it allowed me lots of extra time to spend with my parents. The boys and I spent many hours with them the first week he was gone, and I think that helped them a lot.
Please keep praying for my parents. Even though they seem to be doing okay, losing a child isn't something you just "get over" real quickly.

We've had no news on the adoption while Luke's been gone which is actually an answer to prayer. When we found out he was going on this long trip, we immediately thought "What if we get matched with a baby either while he's gone or right before he leaves?" We prayed that God would prevent this from happening until Luke got back, and He seems to have answered that prayer. We'll update the blog if we hear anything from our agency. We're very excited about bringing home another baby!

Luke hasn't sent many pictures from India because his "high-speed" Internet in his hotel room leaves a lot to be desired. He said it is like working with a dial-up modem. But he did manage to send us a few pics from a cricket game he had one morning before work with some of his Indian friends.



I'm so excited to have my husband back! Two more sleeps!

No comments: